Keeping you safe - how we're operating as a COVID-Secure venue
posted 14 Aug 2020
As we move towards being able to reopen our theatre, we are taking important and necessary steps to becoming a COVID-Secure venue. Your safety and wellbeing is our number one priority and we have therefore introduced the below measures:
- We are currently following the Rule of Six for all bookings. Parties bigger than six will have to be split over multiple seat bubbles that cannot be altered as our seating plan is fixed.
- Please note that the Rule of Six also applies to Babes in Arms tickets and each child, regardless of age, must be counted as one member of your party. Please keep this in mind when making your booking - you are responsible for your own booking.
- Please be aware that, due to the most recent government announcement, we are unable to offer food and drink at our bars currently. We are working on introducing a pre-order system for refreshments that will be available on our website shortly.
- We are limiting the number of seats going on sale for upcoming film screenings and live performances, guaranteeing that our venue meets the government guidelines for social distancing.
- Should social distancing still be in place for your performance, we may ask you to change your seat in order to follow government guidelines. We will endeavour to get you a seat as close to your original position as we can if we need to move you.
- We are staggering start and finish times of shows to reduce queues across the venue
- We are carrying out more frequent and thorough cleaning routines, with an additional focus on the auditorium and toilet spaces.
- All staff will receive additional training on the new safety and hygiene measures and will also be required to wear personal protective equipment when on shift.
- All patrons will be required to wear a face covering when attending the theatre, in line with the current government guidelines.
- Sanitising stations with hand gel and wipes will be set up at allocated points throughout the theatre building.
- All tills are now equipped with contactless payment facilities with an increased upper limit.
- We recommend that you book online where possible
- We have installed screens at box office points.
- We have a natural ventilation system providing fresh un-circulated air in all public areas.
- We strongly advise purchasing Booking Protect alongside your ticket to protect you and your party if one of you falls unwell. Booking Protect can be added to your purchase via the website and also over the phone; just mention you wish to add it to your order at the time of booking as it cannot be added retrospectively. For information on Booking Protect and coronavirus, click here.
Thank you for your support and for helping us where you can.