Lichfield Garrick Theatre is a registered charity formed for the advancement of the arts for the benefit of the public, in particular through the operation of a theatre in Lichfield and the advancement of education in relation to the arts for the benefit of the public.
Lichfield Garrick Theatre needs to fundraise in order to deliver on its constitution and provide services to the community. This is in addition to revenue raised from ticket sales, catering outlets and commercial hires.
ETHICAL FUNDRAISING POLICY
Lichfield Garrick Theatre aims to fundraise in an open and honest manner. We set the following ethical guidelines within which we are prepared to accept money to meet our fundraising objectives:
- As a registered charity, we will always adhere to regulations set by the Charity Commission.
- Funding will only be sought in line with our constitution, objectives and values.
- We will always report to donors and funders within the specified time frames and maintain an honest and open relationship with our donors.
- We will not accept money from organisations that have been proven to have undertaken criminal activity. We will never knowingly accept funds from any source that have been gained through criminal activity. If this is discovered after receipt of funds, then we will take steps to resolve this to the best of our ability. We will ensure they are registered with company’s house, investigate their own trading policies on their website,
- We will endeavour to assess the ethics and attitudes of each organisation we solicit funds from and will not pursue any fundraising from those that we judge to have acted in an unethical way relating to the nine protected characteristics of the Equality Act or the Environmental Protection Act.
- We will not accept funds or sponsorship from organisations for which advertising is banned. All sponsors and funders for events will be appropriate for the relevant target audience.
- Accepting money from any organisation does not align us to their political views.
- We will always assess the level of risk of accepting funding, donations or sponsorships against the potential benefits and consider how the risk (if any) can be mitigated.
- We will avoid over-reliance on one or more key donors.
- Funding will only ever be used and distributed under the terms of our constitution.